Skip to content
- The Router Animations I did for my thesis presentation are on the Animations Page. Flash source code is there as well and re-use is encouraged.
- Stanford Networking Seminar – Kevin,Vince and I started this weekly seminar in 1998 and it has been going strong for over 10 years.
- Wizzy’s Quest, a public domain game that Sören and I wrote in 1990. The game received some very, flattering, reviews for its graphics, sound and gameplay. In’89 non-scrolling 2D graphics and 4 channel sound were stillcool. And if you get stuck, you can even find cheats for it online.
- Google Inc. – The best search engine in the world. My only contribution is having co-authored their original business plan with Larry and Sergey. Jochen Siegle wrote nice piece about it for Spiegel Online. I never was a founder/co-founder/employeeof Google though, stories saying so are nonsense.
- BASES, the Business Association of Stanford Engineering Students. I held several positions including CTO.
Web Sites I used to run
- OpenFlow.net – It started as an effort that was all but unknown outside of the research community and it became a major standard. The ONF is now continuing the work.
- Appenzeller.net – Get your firstname.lastname@example.org personal address for free. Only people with the last name Appenzeller need apply. And it is free (as in beer)!
- BASES – Webmaster/CTO in 1998/99 of the Business Association of Stanford Engineering Students site with about 350 pages, 17000 page views per month.
- Stanford Networking Seminar in 1998/99.