- The Router Animations I did for my thesis presentation are on the Animations Page. Flash source
code is there as well and re-use is encouraged.
- Stanford Networking
Seminar - Kevin,
Vince and I started this weekly seminar in 1998 and it has been
going strong for over 10 years.
- Wizzy's Quest,
a public domain game that
Sören and I wrote in 1990.
The game received some
for its graphics, sound and gameplay. In
'89 non-scrolling 2D graphics and 4 channel sound were still
cool. And if you get stuck, you can even find
for it online.
- Google Inc. - The best search engine
in the world. My only contribution is having co-authored their original
business plan with Larry and Sergey. Jochen Siegle wrote nice
about it for Spiegel Online. I never was a founder/co-founder/employee
of Google though, stories saying so are nonsense.
- BASES, the
Business Association of Stanford Engineering Students. I held
several positions including CTO.
- OpenFlow.net - It started as an effort that was all but unknown
outside of the research community and it became a major standard. The ONF is now continuing the work.
- Appenzeller.net - Get your firstname.lastname@example.org
personal address for free. Only people with the last name Appenzeller need apply.
And it is free (as in beer)!
- BASES - Webmaster/CTO in 1998/99 of the Business Association of Stanford Engineering
Students site with about 350 pages, 17000 page views per month.
- Stanford Networking Seminar in 1998/99.
- Piled Higher and Deeper - It makes life as a graduate student more bearable.
- Supersnail - The site of a great photographer who took the picture of me on my old home page.